Do you see things a little differently?

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What my Grandma taught me

I may whine a bit, but overall I've had a pretty good life. I have a roof over my head, a family that cares, and I'm very well fed. Lately I've been thinking just how good things are for me, especially when compared with what others are going through. The economy has not been stellar, and there are a lot of good people without the means to address daily needs. My Grandmother always taught me that it is important to give back to the community, and help those that need it. To try and live up to such high principals, I am starting by donating some funds to a family that is having a tough time. Since I don't get out much, and personally don't know any families in this state, I have enlisted the help of my sister who is a good church going person.  She has identified a family having a tough time, and has agreed to help me with helping them. At some point in the near future, she will take the mom shopping, and surprise her. I will share the results to show what happens when you pay it forward. Look for updates soon.